5/20/10

UNANSWERED PRAYERS



UNANSWERED PRAYERS

Written by J. Roel Lungay & Romeo C. Mascariñas

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night
Thought of things that meant so much
For me and my wife -
Children, school and house, livelihood and life
I can’t stop thanking God for these
Unanswered prayers.

When I was young my dreams were
Diff’rent from what I have now
I took a lot for granted, never cared so much
Dreaming far away, I could never stay
But now I’m thankful, God,
For these unanswered prayers.

REFRAIN:
[You/they] are the answer to my unanswered prayers
I swear to God [you/they] are my unanswered prayers
I may not have known
Coz I was so young and alone
But now I realize you are the answer
To my very prayers.

Funny but it seems like God had made plans all along
Took a lot of twists and turns, had to let go of my own
Funny it may seem, you know, how lucky have I been
Now I have you all beside me, my unanswered prayers.

BRIDGE:
God, I can’t thank enough, You're Lord of my life
Coz I owe You so much, I fall down on my knees
I couldn’t bear the thought of it
Had You answered all my dreams
I wouldn’t have my wife and kids
Your very answer to my unanswered prayers.

(Interlude)

(Repeat Refrain except last 2 lines)

CODA:
But now I realize you are the answer
To my very prayers.

Copyright © 2009 Roro Music
Administered in the U.S.A. by Fro’s Music
International Copyright Secured. All Rights Reserved


















.

No comments:

Post a Comment